Tom is Deputy Director for Innovate UK’s £90m Transforming Food Production (TFP) programme, supporting industry-led R&D across traditional agricultural and novel food systems such as alternative proteins and vertical farming to catalyse the transition to net-zero food systems. He leads Innovate UK’s Future Economy ‘Novel Low Emission Food Production Systems’ programme, which complements Defra’s £270m Farming Innovation Programme, being delivered by the TFP team. He also leads UK-Canada bilateral activities and the new partnership established with Protein Industries Canada.
He was previously Assistant Director at Biosciences KTN Ltd where activities focused on commercialisation of new technology for food and non-food markets, managing two special interest groups for the Technology Strategy Board focussing on synthetic biology and algal bioenergy. He currently chairs the BBSRC-funded AlgaeUK Network management board, with a focus on engineering biology approaches for commercial applications in algae.
A biochemist by training, Tom has a BSc and PhD (plant molecular biology) from the University of Leeds and has worked at leading universities and research institutes in the UK and Europe.
Don’t Miss Out.
Plant Forward has gathered one of the most concentrated groups of leading decision-makers in one room. With increased networking opportunities, Plant Forward will again be one of the best places to build relationships with key industry stakeholders.
To see all that Plant Forward has to offer, check out the highlights from Plant Forward 2022!
Access to all Plant Forward sessions in-person, including networking opportunities and breakout rooms. Seats are limited.
Important Registration Information:
- Members of Protein Industries Canada, Pulse Canada and Plant-Based Foods of Canada receive an exclusive rate. Host member rate is applied at checkout.
- Students and delegations can contact us to request applicable rates. Exclusive rates cannot be guaranteed.
- Admission purchases are subject to applicable HST.
- There will be no on-site registrations for Plant Forward. Attendees must be registered prior to coming on-site.
- View the cancellation policy here
- See who attended Plant Forward in 2022