As Co-Chief Executive Officer, Ryan provides strategic vision for company performance and growth plans, positioning Merit as the leading producer of highly functional non-GMO pea and canola protein ingredients. He was also responsible for leading the funding, construction, and commissioning of Merit’s 94,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility, where the company proudly produces the world’s first food-grade canola protein.
Before starting Merit Functional Foods with Co-Founders Barry Tomiski and Shaun Crew, Ryan was the Vice President of Innovation for Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods. Prior to joining the hemp industry, Ryan spent 11 years in the animal protein industry.
Panel: Technology Solutions for Future Plant-Based Challenges
Don’t Miss Out.
Over the course of two days, Plant Forward will demonstrate the strength and integrity of Canada’s integrated supply chain, highlight sustainability initiatives and the latest innovations happening in Canadian crops and ingredients, and provide insights from trailblazing companies who have chosen Canada as their preferred place to invest in plant-based innovation.
Registration is now closed.
Access to all Plant Forward in-person sessions including networking opportunities.
Virtual access to event sessions, includes virtual access to all Plant Forward speaker sessions. Q&A and networking opportunities are unavailable for virtual pass.
Important Registration Information:
- Registration closes October 28
- Early bird registration rates are available April 1 – July 31
- Plant Forward will follow the government-mandated COVID-19 regulations in place at the time of the event
- There will be no on-site registrations for Plant Forward. Attendees must be registered prior to coming on-site
- View the cancellation policy here
- See who’s attending Plant Forward!