Dr. Mehmet Tulbek is the President of Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre. Mehmet has been a research, technology, and innovation leader with over 20 years of pulses, cereals, oilseeds and plant-based foods’ global research & development, technical services, business development, international technical education, and management experience. Mehmet completed his B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering with emphasis in Food Science and Technology at Ankara University, and his M.Sc. in Food Engineering at Istanbul Technical University in Turkey. He then moved to the United States to pursue his Ph.D. in Cereal Science at North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND. Before joining Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre, Mehmet served as the Director of Research and Development at AGT Food and Ingredients in Saskatoon, Canada, and worked at Northern Crops Institute (NCI) as Crop Quality Specialist and then as Technical Director. Mehmet is a sought-after presenter at global industry and academic gatherings, and has authored several journal articles, book chapters, proceedings and two provisional patents. Mehmet is a member of multiple organizations including IFT, AOCS, CIFST, CNS, and Cereals & Grains Association (former AACC). He currently serves as Adjunct Professor at the University Of Saskatchewan Department Of Food and Bioproduct Sciences and the University of Manitoba Department of Food and Human Nutritional Sciences.
Don’t Miss Out.
Plant Forward has gathered one of the most concentrated groups of leading decision-makers in one room. With increased networking opportunities, Plant Forward will again be one of the best places to build relationships with key industry stakeholders.
To see all that Plant Forward has to offer, check out the highlights from Plant Forward 2022!
Access to all Plant Forward sessions in-person, including networking opportunities and breakout rooms. Seats are limited.
Important Registration Information:
- Members of Protein Industries Canada, Pulse Canada and Plant-Based Foods of Canada receive an exclusive rate. Host member rate is applied at checkout.
- Students and delegations can contact us to request applicable rates. Exclusive rates cannot be guaranteed.
- Admission purchases are subject to applicable HST.
- There will be no on-site registrations for Plant Forward. Attendees must be registered prior to coming on-site.
- View the cancellation policy here
- See who attended Plant Forward in 2022